Monday, June 20, 2011

New clips!

I'm back! It's been a couple of weeks, but I've finally gotten back around to making some new clips. I have been seeing some really cute ones all over the place using silk flowers. I was super excited to find that our Hobby Lobby has then 50% off this week! Then, I went to get some more clips and they were 50% off, too! Hurray!

Here's how I did it. I covered the alligator clips just like I did in the ribbon tutorial. Then I deconstructed some flowers... these are the ones I used





I pulled a flower off of the stem and took it's guts out



I busted out my trusty hot glue gun and glued each layer of the flower in the center. Then I took a jewel (left over from the girls' b-day party) and glued it in the middle.

Here's how they turned out
Set 1


Set 2



Here is my beautiful younger daughter modeling today's clip



It took all of 10 minutes to make 2 clips. I think they're pretty cute!


PS: Anybody need any flower guts for anything? ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment